Best driver for amatuer golfers: Top on the 2018
Last updated on January 30th, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Golfing is such an interesting sport. Talk about the green fluffy course, getting the hard 1.6-ounce ball into a tiny hole hundreds of meters away, the cheers of the crowd and the dexterity of the players.When seen on TV or as a spectator, there comes a passionate drive in lovers of the game to replicate such beautiful moments like the pros do.To start up with golfing, beginners will no doubt need a driver which can propel the balls to their desired dreams. Which is why we have come up with the best driver for amatuer golfers?
Image Credit: golf-monthly.co.uk
For best driver for amatuer golfers Comparison
- Cobra KING F6
- Men’s TaylorMadeAeroburner model
- Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic driver
- Pinemeadow 2017 PGX Offset Golf Driver
- Mizuno JPX-900 Den’sDriver
A driver is a type of golf club with an over-sized head, designed with latest technologies and used by professional and amateur golfers to drive the golf ball farthest to a desired distance or target. You’ll need a driver because of its ability to launch the golf ball farther than any type of golf club. When choosing a driver, it is the driver with the largest club head, least loft, longest and moderately weighing shaft and best offset angle that will give you your desired aim. These specifications are the decisive factors which initiated our picks for the best driver for amatuer golfers.We have looked into the product design, studied consumer reports, observed technology advancements, market ranks and reviews before we could arrive at the recommended drivers.
In subsequent paragraphs, we will enlighten you on which drivers will be good for amateur golfers and provide you all information needed while purchasing your golfing equipment.
Best driver for amatuer golfers that are available in the market below:
Cobra KING F6
Typical of all Cobra products, theF6 is one amazing driver that helps you choose your distance with a well-optimized spin and much more decisive and a perfect launch.The 3.4-ounce-weighing Cobra F6 with adjustable club loft helps you maximize ball speed as much as possible then you could experience with other brands. The design elements in the club help reduce the possibilities of poor swings and bad contacts with your golf ball, hence, giving a good forgiveness.The graphite-made shaft measures 45-inch in length — the standard for golf drivers.
Features and benefits
- One of the most notable features in the Cobra F6 is its Center of Gravity using/setting which allows for the personalization of your distance. The CG technology allows the golf-head to be adjustable both from the front and back. When adjusted to the front, it affords golfers with more ball Rolland lower flight. When adjusted to the back, you get more ball lift and a higher flight.
- The rear comes with a re-engineered easily adjustable forgedE9 titanium face. This feature adds more deflection which enhances the speed of the ball.
- The F6 also comes with the Cobra-innovated trench called the Speed Channel. Products engineered at the surrounding perimeter of the club-head to minimize thickness and enhance speed, giving the ball a long distant flight.
- Its adjustableMyFly8 loft technology helps achieve a proper swing trajectory; fine-tuning launch and increasing distance.
- It features a long standard club.
- The F6 offers one of the best forgiveness/ accuracies.
- Its light weight enhances swings and makes it compatible with amateurs.
- The product comes fully assembled.
- Comes with latest technologies.
- It is highly rated by users.
- The product is a bit expensive.
- Product may not be a choice for professional golfers.
This product has features which help the users achieve greater forgiveness. The weight is right for amateurs but the overall build isn’t strong for professionals. As beginners, you will be having one of the best drivers in the market. It should also be a good buy for experienced golfers who seek to add lightweight drivers to their bags.
To be sure of the quality and reliability of the golf tool you are buying, you may need to check out the price and users’ experience with the product.
Men’s TaylorMadeAeroburner model
This is an highly-rated but relatively inexpensive golf driver from one of the best golf equipment manufacturing company in the U.S.The aerodynamic golf driver has a stiff flex, graphite-made shaft, and a 9.5° to 12° configuration. The TaylorMade aero burner only weighs 300 grams. It comes with a 460 cubic centimeter golf head and a round toe.
According to the manufacturers, the product is the most aerodynamic and fastest of all the golf drivers they ever made.
Features and benefits
- It is designed with a light Matrix Speed shaft and a Speed Grip which gives comfortable handling. These features make the product one of the best driver for amatuer golfers.
- The white head finish and its black PVD-coated face enhance alignment.
- Designed with a deep Speed Pocket, a raises center crown, hostel fin that helps reduce spin and aerodynamic drag and maximize sweet spot.
- The 460cc aerodynamic head shape, round toe, lifted center crown helps reduce drag and enhance swing speed.
- It guarantees users a distance of at least 230 yards.
- The club offers users greater speed and forgiveness.
- Drivers for both right and left-hand-oriented players available.
- The product comes with a club cover.
- It has a speed grip and an effective weight balance.
- The club is super long.
- The product is relatively cheap.
- Experienced golfers may have a problem with its light build.
- It is not adjustable.
Lightweight, fast and forgiving. It is arguably one of the best drivers for amatuer golfers. It launches the ball to a farther distance and gives you a more consistent swing. It is also incredibly long. However, some golfers consider its lightness and inability for it to be adjustable a major downside.
Albeit, this is one of the best drivers for beginners. You may check for the price on Amazon.
Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic driver
The high-end Callaway GBBE golf driver is a “game changer” because of the various revolutionary technological innovations that come with it. The club-head has a design of titanium and triaxial carbon with JailBreak face technology.
Features and benefits
- One of the distinctive features of the Callaway GBBE is the Jailbreak Technology which no other brand has. The technology helps modify how the club-head and face react at impact so they can create more speed, resulting in a maximized distance.
- The titanium-made face and carbon crown, considered by Callaway as the lightest in its products, offers a rare level of forgiveness.
- The shot-shaped control enhances precision and more far-reaching distance.
- Designed by Aldila Rogue, the graphite shaft gives strong swingers increased control.
- The product offers high forgiveness.
- It is available for left-handed golfers.
- The product is available for women.
- Comes with innovative technologies.
- The loft is adjustable
- Product compatible for golfers with various swinging abilities.
- Launch spin and shot shape not adjustable.
- The driver is considered too light.
- It is very expensive.
This driver has lots of specifications most of which you won’t find in many golf drivers. It is suitable for every swinger, including the amateurs. It gives you a distinctive sound which informs you when you have the ball well struck at the sweet spot. Quality products come at a premium they say. And if you ’ve got the money, you should consider getting this.
The driver comes with a free shipping discount but Amazon has limited products. If you love it, you have to hurry.
Pinemeadow 2017 PGX Offset Golf Driver
Weighing just a pound, this is a very light and low-end product which doesn’t sacrifice its forgiveness. With this driver, you will be getting a very massive 460cc space of sweet spot. Like every other driver in this article, thePimemeadow PGX model comes with a graphite-made shaft of standard length. It has a wide sweet spot, albeit, it is illegal in some tournaments for professionals. Hence, it is more compatible with amateurs.
Features and benefits
- The major selling point of this product is its offset technology.The offset driver helps the golfer square the ball effectively at impact while also giving a straighter ball flight.
- The massive 460cc sweet spot gives plenty of contact space. Even for the average amateur, there should be no fuss hitting the target.
- The product is sleekly designed. It can boost the confidence of amateur users.
- It comes with a club-head cover.
- It is a long driver.
- The matte finish gives the driver a sleek look.
- It is very inexpensive.
- It has an excellent grip for convenience while swinging.
- Product only available in regular flex.
- Golfers with stronger swings may have a problem with the weight.
Despite missing out on many specifications, this is one of the best drivers for golfers under $100 and of course should be in your list if you are a beginner and are looking to add a good stick to your bag.
Mizuno JPX-900 Den’sDriver
This comes last on our list but not with the least quality. Manufactured by a Japanese sports equipment company, Mizuno, theJPX-900 driver’s main selling point is its adjustability which optimizes launching ability of the golfer. The product is adjustable for any swing type, spin rate, and launch angle.The JPX-900 is also built to reach the farther distance that only a few brands can achieve.
Features and benefits
- The Cortech-designed club-head face makes the driver the fastest product made by Mizuno. The face area also enhances forgiveness.
- The aluminum disc designed on the club head exclusively termed the Visual Face-Finder (VFA), allows golfers to be able to shift the angle of the face. It is a sliding mechanism which one can use to either set the head face as neutral, open or close, depending on what you want.
- Product features some of the best technologies in golf drivers.
- Light head face means a larger sweet spot for precise and forgiving shots.
- The driver makes sounds at impact.
- It is the most adjustable driver on the market.
- Product designed for men.
- Despite the features, it’s still a lot expensive.
It doesn’t matter whether you are an amateur, a handicap or a professional golfer. The only major downside it has is the price. But, don’t they say high-end products are quality products? However, Amazon offers a free shipping discount for the product.
If you’re interested in purchasing this amazing product, you can check Amazon for more details.
Our list of the 5 best driver for amatuer golfers gives every information needed for beginners looking to get golf drivers. However, the Mizuno JPX-900 and the Callaway Big Bertha Epic model are good drivers built for golfers with various levels of experience.The featured products are lightweight drivers with large sweet spots which offer good forgiving shots. They are products for every budget.
We recommend the above-listed drivers for amateurs looking to build their level of confidence in their quest of becoming the new Dustin Johnson.
Tags: Best drivers for amateur golfers
Categorised in: Golf Drivers