Having a golf bag is a must if you play this sport. Your clubs are the most important part of your game, which is why you need to keep them safe and secure whether you’re playing or not. Besides, a bag is certainly convenient since you can keep all your clubs and accessories in one place. After reading these golf bag reviews, we hope you will get a clearer understanding of how to pick a golf bag that suits your needs perfectly.
Let’s Start golf bag reviews Thoroughly
Types of Golf Bags
Functionality and practicality are the keys in choosing a good golf bag. Your golf bag is your companion all throughout your game. That’s why it is important to choose the right one. Before we reveal our list, let’s first discuss the different types of golf bags available in the market today.
- Carry bags are made with lightweight materials and are designed to help lessen the strain on your back and shoulders. Usually, these bags are made of light materials like nylon and plastic. This type of bag can hold the essential things you need when playing golf which is your set of core clubs, tees, and golf balls. Most carry bags have backpack-like straps, for easy carrying.
- Another type of golf bag is the cart bag. These are preferably used if you have a golf cart to use during your game. They are considered to be mid-weight and are not advisable to be lifted and carried on your shoulders. Unlike carrying bags, cart bags can store more than your essential golf stuff. Although they come with carrying on slings, they are not advisable to be carried on your shoulders, as they can be heavy especially with your things inside already inside.
- Stand bags, on the other hand, are basically like cart bags with built-in legs. These legs are very useful as they support the entire bag, allowing it to stand-alone when you are taking your shot. This type has either carrying strap or backpack sling harness that allows the player to carry it with ease. They are also typically smaller than cart bags, thus giving you a limited space for your pieces of equipment.
- The last type of golf bag is the staff bag, which is normally used by professional golf players. These golf bags are designed to fit every single thing you might need throughout the game. They usually come in larger sizes and can be very heavy. These bags usually measures 8 to 12 inches in diameter and are often made of leather. Because this type of golf bag can be very difficult to carry, you should only consider getting this one if you have a caddy with you throughout the game.
Those four types of golf bags are the most common ones in the market today. When choosing the right type for yourself, it is important to consider how, when and where are you going to use it. By considering those things, you will be able to pick the right one that best suits your needs.
Our Picks : Top Golf Carts Bags
Who needs a golf bags?
Obviously, everyone who plays golf should own a golf bag. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, you can benefit from using this gear.
While there is no written law that forbids you to enter a golf course without your golf bag, having one by your side can provide you with an assurance that you are entering the competition well prepared. At the very least, you won’t look like a real amateur.
What are the advantages of having a golf bag?
Needless to say, golf bags are important to everyone who plays golf. And here are some reasons why having a golf bag is one of the best things during your play:
Storage: Part of playing golf is having your personal equipment necessary to your game. These are your set of clubs, tees, golf balls and so on. Having a container that can fit all these stuff during the game is important.
Protection: Let us admit it, your golf accessories are pretty expensive, and of course you want to keep them safe and sound always. Golf bags provide protection not only for your accessories but also for your personal stuff you want to lose to you during your game.
Convenience: Golf bags are specifically designed to make it easier for a golfer to carry his or her things without having to strain his or her body. Your golf accessories are pretty much heavy themselves; golf bags are made so you can carry your stuff in a much easier way.
Are there any potential drawbacks?
Of course, there is, especially if you picked the wrong golf bag for yourself. First, you could waste your hard earned money on a golf bag you won’t be able to use at all. That’s why it is very important to do your research and look into details keenly, so you won’t have to fall into the trap of some marketing strategy.
Secondly, the wrong kind of golf bag can cause you more inconvenience than it can give you benefits. Let say you picked a cart bag without thinking where you will frequently use it. After purchasing it, you realized you would not always have a golf cart at your disposal. So you end up carrying it, which is not advisable to do so because it can cause strain to your shoulders.
You see, having a golf bag is a must for every golfer, but not having one is better than having the wrong kind. That’s why we need to take the task of choosing a bag seriously – so we won’t end up wasting our money or stressing ourselves.
Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Golf Bag
Type: As we have discussed earlier, there are different types of golf bags that are suitable to each of your golfing needs. Choosing a golf bag that will be most helpful and will provide you with most convenience is your primary goal when getting one for yourself.
Consider how you are going to use it. Are you planning to use it for travel or just for your Saturday tee time? If you want to bring it on your travels, of course, a more compact bag is advisable. Do you need to bring more than your basic set of clubs? You’ll need a bag that has more room for your equipment. These are the kind of things you need to think about when choosing the right type of golf bag.
Dividers: Golf bag dividers protect your clubs by separating them from your other golf accessories. Evidently, this is important to all golfer as they all want their gears to be perfectly safe at all times.
Some bags offer more dividers than the other. But in general, five to seven dividers are pretty roomy for all the clubs you might need during a match. Of course, it still depends on your preference. So if you want more dividers, it is perfectly fine. But it will also definitely add more weight to your bag, so you might want to look into that too.
Bag Pockets: Golf bag pockets come in different types. All golf bags have accessory pockets. These are the most standard pockets in your bag where you usually store your golf accessories like golf balls and tees.
Most golf bags also have valuables pockets. These pockets are used to safe keep your valuables like cell phone, wallet, jewelry and the like. They are usually made with soft materials like fur and sometimes features a water-resistant lining.
Thermal pockets can also be found in most golf bags. These pockets are specifically designed for to keep your food and drinks hot or cold.
When picking a golf bag, it is also important to choose the one that will allow you to bring everything you might need during the game. Moreover, when considering golf bag pockets, think about the gears and possessions you want with you during your tee time.
Straps and Handles: Since you will be carrying your bag most of the times during your game (unless you have a caddy at your disposal), it is important to choose the one that will allow you to carry it the most convenient way possible.
If you are planning to walk through the course, choose the ones that come with backpack straps or harness, so it will be easier for you to carry it without straining your shoulders. However, if you plan to ride on a golf cart, a single-strap bag will work just fine.
Weight: If you plan to carry your golf bag throughout the course, then considering its weight should be on your top list. As we have discussed earlier, the last thing you want during your games is to have a sprained shoulder and back as it can affect your swing. A lot of modern golf bags today are usually made with lightweight materials to provide the golfer with many conveniences when carrying his or her stuff.
On-course Storage: Whatever type of golf bag you might choose, it is important to think of its capacity to store your stuff. It is important to pick the one that can store everything you need during your stay on the course. Do you need to bring a specific weather outfit? How about your valuables? Choose a golf bag with a storage capacity that can meet all your needs.
Functionality: Obviously, golf bags stores your golf clubs and other golf accessories safely and securely. It makes it easier for you to have all the things you need during your play.
Organization: While organized golf equipment is not the most important thing when playing golf, knowing where you can find which can certainly improve the player’s frame of mind. Golf bags are designed to have a right place for each gear, so it will be easier for you to locate something in case you need it.
Our Top Picks: Best Golf Bags
Now that you know the main benefits of this golf gear and what factors you need to consider when shopping for one take a look at our most recommended bags for golf that you can choose from:
- Sunday Bag by ProActive. This golf bag is big enough to carry every single club you might need during your play. It also features multiple pockets, which gives you ample amount of space to bring all the accessories you need. It comes in 5 inches and 7 inches options, which both take a little space, making it easy to fit in your trunk and ideal for traveling.
Because it is made with polyester, a lightweight but durable material, it is easier and more convenient to use than other bags made with heavier materials. It weighs only 15 ounces, which is pretty light for a durable and heavy-duty golf bag. It also features a padded shoulder strap, making it more comfortable and convenient to carry on your shoulder.
This one is a good alternative to full-size golf bags. And the best part about this one is that it gives you all the benefits you need in a golf bag, and it is offered at a much more competitive price compared to the others available in the market today.
- Nike Air Sports Lite Stand Bag. Nike Golf is pretty much one of the most chosen brands for golf gear and accessories. And it is not without a reason because while most of their products come with an average price tag, they also provide their user with great benefits and utmost comfort.
This one is designed to provide you with full benefits of a golf bag while giving you the convenience of a lightweight stand bag. It features a larger top that measures about 8.5 inches and has nine total pockets, giving you enough room for your stuff.
It also features the new Nike EquaFlex Max Air Backpack strap that provides a evener distribution of weight, making it easier for you to carry your bag when walking. Additionally, it has a compatible cart base and integrated tee holder.
This one is advisable for those who prefer to walk on the course but from time to time prefer to ride on golf carts. While this one can be the dream golf bag for many, it is offered on a much higher price range than the others.
- TaylorMade San Clemente Cart Bag. While this one might look a little heavier than the others, but it only weighs 4.4 pounds, which is still considered lightweight for cart bags. It is made with lightweight materials but is still durable enough and crush resistant. It measures 10.5 x 9 inches and features 10-way stadium top.
It features two slots for putter grips and eight total pockets with two expandable side pockets and velour-lined valuables pocket. It has a single padded strap, allowing you to carry it comfortably.
This golf bag is best for golfers who usually ride on golf carts but still sometimes like to carry their stuff on the course.
- Callaway 2016 Org 14 Cart Bag. The Org 14 line of Callaway has been one of the most favored classes when it comes to golf bags. This newest version features a 10.5 inches 14 Way Divider Club Organization System (full-length club dividers) that allows you to organize your precious clubs while keeping them safe.
It has 12 pockets, which includes a water-resistant velour-lined valuable pocket with key fob and two insulated cooler pockets for drinking flasks. It weighs only 5.6 pounds and E-trolley Base System for easier transport on golf carts.
If you usually use pull carts, or you usually ride on golf carts, this one can be an ideal golf bag for you. With its full-length dividers and roomy pockets, you can carry everything you need in this golf bag.
- Callaway 2016 Hyper Lite 5 Stand Bag. Need lots of room for your valuables? This Hyper Lite stand bag features a total of 14 pockets including one water resistant, velour-lined valuable pocket. It weighs about 5.5 pounds and measures 36 inches in height.
This golf bag also features 5-way full-length dividers and dedicated alignment stick holders to keep your precious clubs always safe. Apart from its lightweight, it has non-slip stand legs specifically made for your bag’s stability. It also comes with a matching rain hood to protect your golf accessories regardless of what the weather is.
While this one is mostly used with pushcarts, it has very comfortable shoulders straps, which will make it easier for you to carry it when walking. So whether you choose to wear it on your shoulder or transport it on a cart, you would not have any difficulty with this one.
Why would you want this golf bag? It comes with more than enough pockets to store your valuables. Additionally, it is very easy to carry because of its lighter weight. However, it can be a little more expensive compared to other golf bags on its category.
- Wilson 2015 Carry Lite Golf Stand Bag. This golf bag is specifically designed for recreational golfers who wants a lightweight bag that has enough storage for every gear he or she might need during the game.
It is lightweight but very durable and features easy-action stand for easier pitching and more stability. It has two large sized side pockets for your valuables and accessories. Made with diamond polyester, it can withstand all weather conditions and is ideal for traveling.
It also features a thermal pocket for beverage, umbrella holder, Velcro glove patch, towel ring and rain hood – which are all essential during your golf matches. It is a great choice because while it provides you with many benefits, it is also offered at a very reasonable price.
- K-Cliffs Driving Range Mini Course Training Practice Golf Bag Travel Case. If you are looking for a golf bag that you can bring during your travels, this is probably your best choice.
This golf bag is made with lightweight and water-resistant materials, which makes it ideal if you enjoy walking on the course during the game. While it may look too small at first glance, this one can hold 6 to 7 Golf clubs. It is fully padded and has a rigid body that features a detachable plastic tube.
It also features accessory zipper pocket, which is big enough to fit some golf balls and tee. It comes with a detachable soft shoulder strap, designed to provide you with enough comfort when you are carrying it on your shoulder.
Picking the right golf bag can be very tricky especially with a lot of choices in the market. Here are some additional tips you might want to consider when buying a golf bag:
- Consider first if you would usually prefer to walk or ride on course. Through this, you will be able to determine which type of bag is best suited for you. In conclusion, carry bags are best if you prefer walking while cart and stand bags are mostly used with push carts and golf carts.
- Secondly, consider the things you need to bring during the game. This will determine how much or how many pockets and storage you are looking for in a golf bag. Keep in mind the number of clubs, golf accessories and other personal belongings you may want to bring with you.
- Lastly, think of how much you want to spend for your golf bag. While most people prefer signature brands, there are a lot of options that provide great benefits and good value for money.
If you’re still unsure of how and where to start, the golf bag reviews we’ve provided above is a good place to start. These golf bags come highly recommended by pro and amateur golf players alike. Check out which among the options offer all or most of the features you need, and try them for yourself.
Check out Top Golf bags in 2017
You may check Best Travel Golf Bags review